Monday, April 9, 2007

I joined the ranks of Moms feeding her children too soon...



But boy is she cute. She doesn't really care about the eating, per se, but she loves being level with us at the table and can't get enough of the silly choo-choo train noises that accompany the feeding. It doesn't appear to remotely make her less hungry... so when they say it's empty calories, they really mean EMPTY! Of course, one doesn't come a pudgy ballerina without the intake:





This picture just makes me smile. I love the little belly over the tu-tu. It flies in the face of the primadonna! This outfit was a gift from Nana and we needed photos in it before she outgrew it.

I've got to snap out of my mood as of late. I hate being so out of control. I hate not having a definitive answer from within... should I work? Shouldn't I? Is everything okay for everyone during any given day and if not - what can I do to make it so? Is it my responsibility to make it so? How can I release this? Anti-anxiety meds? Could I be a stay-at-home Mom... but what then? If I leave the workplace, could I return? What am I compromising for a job that brings NO JOY? What's going on beneath the beautiful blonde head of my boy? When he looks sad, is he? Do I worry too much?

Of course I do. Of course I worry too much... To add to my neuroticism I shall now go and worry too much about worrying too much. To all the parents who make it seem effortless I raise and wave my cushy & unmanicured middle finger.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Honey, I want to comment on your post but for some reason I cannot concentrate hard enough on it to read past "But boy is she cute".

It's that darned precious adorable chubby bundle of joy in a TU-TU!!!! Tu freakin' cute!!

I can't take it!! She's simply the most beautifullest creature on the planet. Hands down.

PS-In order for moi to concentrate on your writing I must avoid all pictures of that angel!

xo