Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sad day yesterday...

I couldn't believe the news out of Blacksburg. We heard just as we were headed into baby i's gastroenterologist appointment. Stunning & deeply saddening. I wonder if our rabid media can take the attention of Al Sharpton and Don Imus now and focus on getting guns out of the hands of lunatics & helping repair a torn university - and a broken country... Even the Blacksburg police - authorized to carry loaded weapons - couldn't do anything to stop what happened yesterday. I'd gladly give away my right to bear arms. I don't want that right anyway. I imagine it sounds idealistic to wish for a gun-free nation. Times like this make everything so senseless - why not allow wishes that belie common sense into the fray, too?

April is always a weirdly tragic month, ever notice that?

It seems trivial to talk about much else this entry except to say this: Life is impossibly short.

No comments: