Friday, May 25, 2007

I may have figured out a new career...

Identity thief.

I'm learning that basically there are no consequences to taking a person's identity and stealing them blind.

When the contractors - UNFINISHED SPACES - robbed us I said this and it applies now, if a man ran by me and ripped my purse off my shoulder with 20k in it, there'd be a man-hunt. Because it's done by phone, mail, and Internet no one gives a crap! There can't be many street criminals anymore (been pick-pocketed lately?)... why bother? I know this... why don't the police!? Where are the task forces devoted to the most rapidly growing insidious crime there is? (The FBI will help you - you just have to make it to the 100k club first!)

If anyone is encouraging me to a life of crime, it's Wachovia (who sent two cards from two separate accounts we have with them in one month to two separate addresses without noticing FRAUD) and the Atlanta Police who aren't remotely hiding the fact that they just want us to go away. My guess is they'll spend more time trying to prove it isn't their jurisdiction than they will to finding the person who used our credit card to take out 20k from Atlanta ATMs. Oh, scratch that... that's crazy talk... they're too lazy to do anything on our behalf.

So someone has our social security numbers, mothers' maiden names, high school mascot (seriously - they used this to get a password!), and who knows what else. I can't wait to see where we'll show up next... Atlanta... Seattle... maybe we'll make it abroad this summer. Gulp.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Didn't I tell you I moved to HOTlanta? BTW, thanks for the new digs!